- Thirty-five of the fifty female skiers made their way through the course, while only thirty of the fifty male skiers completed it.
- Sixteen of the female skiers were American, while nine were Australian.
- He said his daughter could jump, while (should be "and") his son and nephew could slalom.
(should be "although") born right-handed, he had learned to ski 'right-footed.' (should be "and") in the next decade this heavy figure is expected to double. (should be "and") two popular prizes will be given on the last day.
- He recalled that while
- In the past six years alone college enrollment has jumped 45 percent, while
- Cash prizes will be presented the first day of the show, while
Ideally, the conjunction while should be restricted to the linking of simultaneous occurrences in a situation where simultaneity has a point.
- Then it is the brave man who chooses, while the coward stands aside.
- While there have been more than 100 callers soliciting in this area, it has not been possible to call on everyone.
- In the daytime he's star of his own show, while at night he becomes the general announcer on the nationwide talk show.